Sunday, February 20, 2005

Proof that, in an electronic world, corporations are more out of touch than ever. Below is an email sent to Gevalia coffee after I received a letter that it would be late delivering the coffeemaker and two packs I coffee I ordered (how much would you pay? $99.95? $79.95? How about $49.95? No, I received all that for just $14.95). They offered to cancel my order. The reply to the email below was, "Thank you for contacting customer service." And yes, the product was received.


I've just been informed my order is late, and if I do not contact you within 37 days, you will cancel the order. This is to let you know to keep me on the list no matter how long it takes. A free coffeemaker for $16.95 in coffee? Please, where else am I going to get that deal? I appreciate your rather paltry offer of 20 percent off any items in the catalog (which would hardly make me happy as a valued customer, but I am not, as you will see, a valued customer), but I will pass since I have no intention of ordering any coffee once I receive the coffeemaker.
Thanks again. I await patiently my coffeemaker, as well as the opportunity to cancel Gevalia service as soon as I receive it.
Scott Craven

No comments: