Monday, July 05, 2004

Bryson came home the other day and handed me this poem, which took be just a bit to read because of his fairly bad penmanship (like father, like son). It went like this:
"It always
makes me think
I ought to bloom
myself.
And
that's when
I start to plan
my New Year
Celebration!
I finally choose
a day
that is
exactly
right.
Even the air
has to be
perfect,
and the dirt
has to feel
good and warm
on bare feet."
Me: "Bryson, did you write this?" Him: "Yeah." Me; "Really?" Him: "Yes, I wrote it." Me, thinking the boy is a prodigy, that this is a talent I must cultivate, thinking he might be to literary endeavors what Tiger Woods is to golf, "Wow, this is really really good." Him: "Thanks." Me, nagged by disbelief because it is way too good to be true: "So this is all yours, right? You wrote it." Him: "Yes, I wrote it. I copied it out of a book, but I wrote it."
Ah well, close but no cigar.

No comments: